Become a Kanban Expert now!
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful leading significant evolutionary change initiatives with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 2 or Maturity Level 3 at an enterprise scale.
This class offers a codified Kanban Method approach to introducing and implementing change and is specifically designed to augment the Kanban Maturity Model class.
27 to 30 November 2023
9:00 - 13:00
Who is this course for?
This class is intended to extend the coaching skills of those who have already taken the Kanban Maturity Model class and want to obtain the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential.
Coach skills for Kanban Systems
How can Kanban succeed even where other change initiatives have failed?
Applying Kanban’s gradual, non-traumatic approach to change, and leveraging the Kanban Maturity Model, coaches see more buy-in and greater success. Learn the techniques and mindset to extend your coaching skills.
Facts about this course
Learn how the Kanban Method can improve alignment, focus you and your team on what is the most priority thing for you and your customer, and help you improve the way you work, as you "improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally".
- Understand Social Contextual Mapping as a means to see what and how to change
- Recognize four dimensions of social context as levers and understand tools to shift culture and sociology to enable change:
- Social capital
- Social cohesion
- Social innovation
- Tribal behavior
- Understand “first who, then why” – why identity matters more than purpose in defining behavior
- How to identity tribes and informal social groups
- How to model the identity of individuals and groups
- How to predict behavior based upon identity
- How to analyze and model the social capital, social cohesion, and social innovation of the tribes in your workplace
- Tools, actions, behaviors and values to modify the sociology and culture in the workplace
- When to tighten social cohesion to drive change
- How to improve trust and social capital, versus how to undermine it
- How and when to use Kanban coaching tools such as STATIK, the Kanban Lens, the Kanban Litmus Test
- Identify the typical barriers and inertia blocking achievement of maturity levels 2, 3 and 4
- Learn to coach common objections such as “all our demand has a fixed delivery date,” and “all our demand is irrefutable”
- Learn when and how to implement the service delivery manage (SDM) and service request manager roles with Kanban
- How to negotiate implementation of Kanban with a broader group of stakeholders after completion of a STATIK workshop
- Kanban Coaching Professional Certification
- High-quality training with Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Hugo Lourenço
- Oficial online training materials (PDF)
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Effective June 1, 2023, credential candidates must successfully pass the Kanban Coaching Professional exam with a 75% passing score.
Hugo Lourenço is the founder of Experience Agile® and DevOps Forum, Agile Human Factors ®, World Agility Forum ®, Agile21®, and Agile Thinkers Academy ®. Hugo is an Entrepreneur in several businesses and his main focus is to understand how companies are coming up with better ways of working and how to improve their business outcomes for their employees and customers.