DEVOPS ACADEMY - FOUNDATION LEVEL
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠ course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational realignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
Trainer: Hugo Lourenço, Nuno Marques
This course will explore and teach you how to design, build, run, guide and evolve a SRE practice. The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the RE Foundation exam.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
The target audience for the SRE Foundation course includes:
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability;
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches;
- Business Managers;
- Business Stakeholders;
- Change Agents;
- DevOps Consultants;
- DevOps Engineers;
- IT Directors;
- IT Managers;
- IT Team Leaders;
- Lean Coaches;
- Product Owners;
- Scrum Masters;
- System Integrators;
- Tool Providers.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
With this course you will have an Agile Thinkers Academy certificate of attendance and you'll become a member of our online Community.
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google;
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks;
- The underlying principles behind SRE;
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus;
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape;
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies;
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity;
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil;
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service.
LEARN REMOTELY Join a class from anywhere
FRAMEWORK-NEUTRAL Explore beyond the limitations of a single agile framework
MINIMUM OF 16 HOURS TO COMPLETE Timing varies by class
PREREQUISITES Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience are recommended
WITH YOUR ACADEMY YOU'LL BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY:
Share experiences, tips, and other insightful knowledge with a community of Agile practitioners.
- Insightful case studies
- Access to XA Week content
- Access to an Agile employment marketplace
- Self-study materials
- Open door to a network of Agile practitioners
- Invitation to exclusive master classes & webinars
Our programs leverage a range of highly dynamic teaching methodologies, including cohort assignments, class lectures, exercises and case studies, all aimed at improving your skills as an agent of change.
These teaching methods have been strategically combined to foster an optimal learning environment.
Ready to change the way you work?