Safe Academy - Intermediate Level | Lean Portfolio Management with Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager
Includes Lean Portfolio Management with Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager course
What will you receive:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
- Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Aligning strategy with execution is critical to any organization’s success and a key aspect of Scaled Agile Framework®. With a Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) approach, you can collaborate across silos, empower teams, and organize around value to adapt to what customers want, faster.
The Lean Portfolio Management course helps executives, project management officers (PMOs) and other key stakeholders plan dynamically and be flexible enough to adjust initiatives and budgets as the market changes. The LPM course provides the guidance and tools attendees need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. You’ll learn how to connect portfolio strategy and initiatives to the planning and execution of work, how to integrate feedback from participatory budgeting, and how to adapt to change while maintaining your funding vision and roadmap.
Lean Portfolio Management answers the questions:
- How do I connect strategy to execution?
- How do I manage flow and solve perpetual overload?
- How can I fund and govern dynamically?
- How does Lean Portfolio Management fit into SAFe?
To perform the role of a Lean Portfolio Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- How to connect the portfolio to the enterprise.
- How to maintain portfolio vision and roadmap.
- How to establish Lean budgets and guardrails.
- How to create portfolio flow.
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more significantly more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
Adapted for interactive remote learning with SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
Exam Details: LPM - Lean Portfolio Manager
When you are ready to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
When the exam timer ends, the exam will be submitted, regardless of the number of questions answered. A score will be calculated based on the number of questions answered. Unanswered questions will be automatically marked as incorrect. If you finish answering all questions before the exam timer ends, you can click the “Submit” button and your score will be calculated.
When you launch the exam, you will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam. Exams are timed and the timer will be visible throughout the exam.
Questions are structured in multiple choice or multiple response format.
Questions will require either one answer or multiple. “Choose two” or a “Choose three” style multiple response questions indicate the number of answers required for the question. Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected as no partial credit is given.
Number of questions
Foundational difficulty; Competent, some knowledge or experience; can perform tasks with assistance
Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Community Platform upon completion of the course
How Can I Report my PDU's on the PMI website?
You can report and claim your PDU's on the PMI website directly by following the workflow below:
- Log into your PMI account
- Follow this link to the 'New Class' page: https://ccrs.pmi.org/claim/new/Class
- NOTE: in order to claim PDU's you must have a certification with PMI.
- Fill in the Provider as organization who facilitated your training.
- Type in the name of your course (i.e. "Leading SAFe"). If a list of existing courses appears, do not select one of the existing courses, as these are expired.
- Enter the start and end date of your class.
- Under the PDU's Claimed section, you should see the option to enter the number of credits. Please refer to Scaled Agile's website for details on how many credits to claim.
- Submit your PDU's for approval at the bottom of the page.
- Your claim for PDU's will then be reviewed and will appear on your Dashboard once approved.
You can review the number of credits here.
Training Remotely | Guidelines for a Successful Experience
Congratulations on joining Agile Thinkers remote courses. We are committed to facilitating a pleasant and enriching experience for all our attendees.
That's is why it is critically important that we are clarifying how we're going to work together to be most effective. So, let's develop some working agreements and suggestions to encourage the type of team environment that we want to foster during our training sessions.
Before the training starts:
1. Inform your co-workers/colleagues what will be the time you're attending training, and you shouldn't' be interrupted;
2. Look for a comfortable and quiet place to set your training spot;
3. Reduce distractions, noises and background interference;
4. Test your internet signal and guarantee you have a good connection;
5. Please please take some time to explore the tools and how to login;
6. Visit the toilet 10m before the session starts;
7. Stay hydrated;
8. Bring a notebook and a pen with you;
9. Limit interruptions from family members;
10. Make sure you turn off Outlook, gmail, Slack, WhatsApp, Skype or other sources of interruption;
11. If you can, select flight mode on your phone;
12. Test your earphones.
1. While there are no questions, confirm you are mute;
2. Ask for help if you have any questions unmuting yourself or sending a message in chat;
3. Use Chat area to address the trainer some questions. As soon as possible, we will give feedback.
4. Respect the Time-boxes;
5. Be on time so you can deliver on time;
6. Don't accept calls while you're on training unless is extremely necessary and vital for you;
7. Please keep your camera on;
8. It's completely forbidden for students to record audio or video of any kind or take pictures from the sessions without written agreement;
9. For training. and quality assurance purpose of our staff, we can record video, audio and the chat of all sessions;
10. Have fun! Enjoy your course!
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.