Kanban for Design and Innovation (KDI)
This course is included in the Black Friday promotion. Use the code ATABlackFriday to get 50€ off.
Valid only for purchases online through our website at agilethinkers.academy. The discount will be applied after adding the promo code upon check out. Not cummulative with other promotions. Valid only for 1 purchase. Valid from November 7th until November 24th
NOTE: If you already completed the Kanban System Design and the Kanban System Improvement courses, you just need to attend 8h of this course. If this is your case, please contact us to proceed with the registration.
What will you receive:
- High-quality training with Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Hugo Lourenço
- Online Course materials
- Membership of the Kanban University (KU)
- Kanban University (KU) certificate of course completion
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
High-quality instruction from our Kanban trainer with over 10 years of experience in new ways of working in the public and private sector.
This course is accredited by Kanban University (KU). Participants will receive a KDI certificate of course completion from Kanban University as well as membership of KU, and an Agile Thinkers Academy certificate of attendance.
Students who complete both, this course and the Kanban System Design (KSD) course, are eligible for the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Is Kanban for Design and Innovation the Right Course for Me?
The KDI course will address your pains and problems if:
- You work as BA/PO and don’t feel KSI covers your part of the system fully.
- You want to learn what’s before the commitment point and how to manage this work.
- The upstream work is iterative or takes very long. You cannot visualize it as a pipeline.
- Your backlog is 1,000 items. How should you know what to commit?
- You ask how much time should you spend in upstream decreasing uncertainty? When can you start working on the requests?
- You are product-focused and on the path to be a Kanban Management Professional (KMP).
The course follows the official KU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Learn how to scale Kanban wider across an enterprise.
- Understand options and how this thinking helps to maximize value.
- Learn techniques and approaches to actively manage incoming work.
- Apply evolutionary change thinking when leading improvement in organizations.
- Engage stakeholders from different organizational levels and departments in idea generation and decision making through pragmatic approaches.
- Establish an Upstream Kanban system.
- Apply Kanban practices upstream in order to establish a balance between the preparation and execution of options.
This course is suited for those who want to acquire solid knowledge about the core of the Kanban method, and want to improve upstream Kanban systems. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managers and team members who want to get more out of their current Kanban system;
- Product Owners, Business Analysts, anyone in the role of SRM or a Design and Innovation role;
- Project Managers – to further their knowledge and application of upstream systems.
Attendees are expected to have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Prior attendance in the Kanban System Design class is strongly recommended.
Training Remotely | Guidelines for a Successful Experience
Congratulations on joining Agile Thinkers remote courses. We are committed to facilitating a pleasant and enriching experience for all our attendees.
That's is why it is critically important that we are clarifying how we're going to work together to be most effective. So, let's develop some working agreements and suggestions to encourage the type of team environment that we want to foster during our training sessions.
Before the training starts:
1. Inform your co-workers/colleagues what will be the time you're attending training, and you shouldn't' be interrupted;
2. Look for a comfortable and quiet place to set your training spot;
3. Reduce distractions, noises and background interference;
4. Test your internet signal and guarantee you have a good connection;
5. Please please take some time to explore the tools and how to login;
6. Visit the toilet 10m before the session starts;
7. Stay hydrated;
8. Bring a notebook and a pen with you;
9. Limit interruptions from family members;
10. Make sure you turn off Outlook, gmail, Slack, WhatsApp, Skype or other sources of interruption;
11. If you can, select flight mode on your phone;
12. Test your earphones.
1. While there are no questions, confirm you are mute;
2. Ask for help if you have any questions unmuting yourself or sending a message in chat;
3. Use Chat area to address the trainer some questions. As soon as possible, we will give feedback.
4. Respect the Time-boxes;
5. Be on time so you can deliver on time;
6. Don't accept calls while you're on training unless is extremely necessary and vital for you;
7. Please keep your camera on;
8. It's completely forbidden for students to record audio or video of any kind or take pictures from the sessions without written agreement;
9. For training. and quality assurance purpose of our staff, we can record video, audio and the chat of all sessions;
10. Have fun! Enjoy your course!
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.