DEVOPS ACADEMY - INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
Value Stream Management Foundation℠
Value Stream Management has been around since the dawn of lean – but it’s different in the digital world. Digital value streams need a different treatment, and DevOps toolchains mean we have more opportunities to gain actionable insights and deliver value outcomes to our customers than ever before. DevOps Institute is pleased to offer this certification in partnership with the VSM Consortium.
Trainer: Nuno Marques
In this course, you'll learn about the history and evolution of VSM, how to identify and map value streams, connect DevOps toolchains, measure value stream metrics, inspect value streams, and understand the principles of organizing and evolving value streams.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO and CVO. This includes Transformation and Evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers.
- Scrum Masters, Agile and DevOps Coaches and Facilitators. Also portfolio, product and project managers, and owners;
- Release and environment managers;
- Business Analysts Architects;
- IT Ops, Developers, Engineers and Service and Support Desk Workers;
- Customer experience and success professionals.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as Value Stream Management Foundation (VSM) certified. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.
With this course you will have an Agile Thinkers Academy certificate of attendance and you'll become a member of our online Community.
LEARN REMOTELY Join a class from anywhere
FRAMEWORK-NEUTRAL Explore beyond the limitations of a single agile framework
MINIMUM OF 16 HOURS TO COMPLETE Timing varies by class
PREREQUISITES Participants should have baseline knowledge and understanding of common DevOps definitions and principles. We recommend after attending the DevOps Foundation - Beginner Academy.
- Improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption;
- Enhance the creation and delivery of products or services;
- Understand the VSM language, core concepts and key practices;
- Learn how to identify and organize around value streams;
- Learn how to map value streams;
- Learn how to connect your DevOps toolchain and measure it;
- Discover how to apply DevOps practices to accelerate time to value and learning;
- Learn how to effectively use metrics to inspect, adapt and evolve capability.