Start your Kanban journey!
Kanban System Design
Learn how to implement a Kanban methodology for improved workflow efficiency, visualizing work, managing work-in-progress, and promoting continuous improvement. Gain valuable skills to optimize resource utilization and contribute to the continuous flow of work.
LIMIT WORK IN PROGRESS
Stop starting, start finishing!
Left yields to right. Limit work in the system to available capacity. Data-driven.
Show work and its flow.
Build a visual model that reflects how you work.
Flow is the movement of work. Manage flow to be smooth and predictable.
ESTABLISH FEEDBACK LOOPS
Establish feedback loops at an appropriate cadence.
Foster collaboration, learning, and improvements.
Who is this course for?
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organization, and it's a great tool for:
- Senior Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Learn to Design Kanban Systems
With Kanban, we start by developing and visualizing a joint understanding of the current way of working. We look at how things are working and where there are sources of dissatisfaction. Then, improvements are identified and introduced.
With this course you will be able to design a Kanban system to improve visibility, communication, and collaboration within your team.
Included, exam required
Access to digital
It is designed to introduce you the principles of Kanban and equips you with essential knowledge and skills in implementing Kanban principles and practices within their teams.
Course needed for this certification:
The Kanban Management Professional Certificate is a recognized credential that demonstrates advanced knowledge and expertise in applying Kanban principles at the organizational level.
Courses needed for this certification
- OR -Kanban for Design & Innovation
The KCP is an advanced-level credential. With KCP you'll fully understand and master the Kanban Maturity Model and Kanban Coaching. You'll have the skill to lead and evolve an organization to higher levels of maturity.
Courses needed for this certification
Kanban Maturity Model
- Understand the current way of working. This includes identifying the different types of work that are done, the current flow of work, and the sources of dissatisfaction.
- Visualize the current state. This can be done using a Kanban board or other visual tool to help everyone understand the current state of the system.
- Identify opportunities for improvement. This can be done by looking for ways to improve the flow of work, reduce waste, and increase efficiency.
- Design a new Kanban system. This involves defining the different stages of work, the WIP limits for each stage, and the rules for how work moves through the system.
- Implement the new Kanban system. This includes training the team on how to use the system and providing ongoing support.
- High-quality training with Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Hugo Lourenço
- Oficial online training materials (PDF)
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Despite having a certificate of completion and Kanban System Design (KSD®) credential certificate, there is no exam.
Hugo Lourenço is the founder of Experience Agile® and DevOps Forum, Agile Human Factors ®, World Agility Forum ®, Agile21®, and Agile Thinkers Academy ®. Hugo is an Entrepreneur in several businesses and his main focus is to understand how companies are coming up with better ways of working and how to improve their business outcomes for their employees and customers.