Includes Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles to Practices Course with Craig Larman
JOIN CRAIG LARMAN FOR A 3 DAY COURSE IN LISBON.
COURSE CONFIRMED/LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE
What will you receive:
All participants get access to digital versions of the three LeSS books.
Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
- All participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will get an account on less.works. Here you can find:
- (free) digital versions of the first, second, and third LeSS books
- more LeSS learning (videos, etc)
- the course handout PDF and photos of everything created within the course that was on the walls
- contacts of all course participants
- a course certificate
The LeSS Practitioner Certification will expire after 2 years and will require a renewal fee.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS—in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product developers, ...) explore a deep understanding of LeSS, Large-Scale Scrum, for lean & agile development with many teams working together on one product. We explore adoption, new organizational design, systems thinking & optimization, the role of management, and concretely how to work together in a Sprint at scale in terms of coordination, architecture, planning, and more.
(Aside, but noteworthy: Course runs until 17:30 on all 3 days, including day 3; for certification, full attendance required)
Critically, we explore the Big Idea of more with LeSS: simplifying & descaling over "scaling", or... scaling product development by descaling the organization.
Perhaps most importantly and interestingly, this course runs mostly as a series of "at giant whiteboards" deep-thinking exercises involving systems modeling in small teams to explore why, so that people can own the ideas by discovering them for themselves, rather than "renting" the ideas. A focus on why and owning not renting are important elements of LeSS and how it's learned, and Craig emphasizes this in the course learning experience.
Join Larman for a deep dive into more with LeSS, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
- descaling and simplifying over scaling: more with LeSS
- LeSS principles, frameworks, guides, experiments
- two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
Systems Thinking & Organizational Design
- local versus global systems optimization
- local optimization in backlogs
- local optimization in product definition
- local optimization in planning
- local optimization in in analysis & design
- local optimization in programming
- redefining the scope of product, and the impact on global optimization
- portfolio management
LeSS Huge Framework
- Requirement Areas
- Area Product Owners
- role of Overall Product Owner
- Area Backlogs
- preparation before first Sprint
- Sprint Planning with many teams
- coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
- scaling Product Backlog Refinement
- scaling the Sprint Review & Retrospective
- multi-site development
- pre-adoption: building interest
- the adoption guides
- 3 principles
- getting started
- scope of first adoption
- stories of LeSS adoptions
More on LeSS Roles
- Managers in a LeSS organization
- Scrum Masters in LeSS
- Product Owner in LeSS
- shu-ha-ri and frameworks
- empirical control
- why "More with LeSS"?
- systems optimization
- occupational psychology
Course Audience and Pre-Requisites
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
Feedback from previous courses
“It was inspiring to discuss Large-Scale Scrum with Craig Larman. The content of the course was top-notch.” – Steve Alexander
“The delivery was outstanding and the supporting material vast and detailed.” – Simone Zecchi
“The best course I have ever been on. Totally blown away.” – Simon Powers
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.